Umweltcluster Bayern is an initiative which facilitates collaboration between the actors of environmental technology and science in Bavaria.
The main purpose of the Cluster of Environmental Technology Bavaria is the strengthening and development of the environmental technology in Bavaria through networking, information and the increasing of cooperations.
Environmental technology - competences from Bavaria!
The Umweltcluster Bayern bundles the Bavarian competences in these fields:
- Recycling and waste management
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Alternative energy production, especially from waste and biomass
- Air pollution prevention and noise protection
- Materials flow management
We connect companies, representatives from research and development, service providers, planners, business organisations, politicians and administrators, municipalities and contracting entities, investors and (public) funding institutions, as well as the media and communication service providers.
Strategic management is assumed by Speaker Reinhard Büchl. Managing Director Dr Michael Rumberg and the team at the branches are responsible for operational cluster management, in close cooperation with the IHK environmental experts.
The Umweltcluster is currently organised as supporting association Trägerverein Umwelttechnologie-Cluster Bayern e.V. with approximately 200 members at present (as of April 2014).
It is supported by the nine Bavarian chambers of industry and commerce (IHK) and is sponsored by the Bavarian state government as part of the Cluster Offensive Bavaria.
Our objectives – innovation through cooperation
Promotion through networking, informing and consulting
The central objective of Umweltcluster Bayern is to promote the innovativeness and internationalisation of the industry actively and thus strengthen Bavaria as a business location in the long-term and establish it as a globally leading centre for environmental technology expertise. This is associated with securing current and creating additional highly qualified jobs in the field of Bavaria’s environmental industry.
Therefore, the activities of Umweltcluster Bayern are particularly aimed at increasing the innovativeness and competitiveness of companies through:
- Active promotion of close cooperation between business and science
- Bundling of existing strength and potential through contacts from (inter)national networks
- The provision of subject-specific industry expertise and current market information
- A range of training opportunities by means of technical seminars, workshops and training courses
Promoting dialogue between all industry participants
- in the development, production and marketing of innovative products and services in Germany and abroad in the development of new projects – from the initial idea and
- financing through subsidies to successful implementation and beyond
- in support in tapping into new markets abroad or in establishing new contacts with international partners and customers
Please get in contact and be connected! The team at Umweltcluster Bayern is at your service.